BUYERS -THINGS YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT DO!!
- Don’t quit your job
- Don’t change your job
- Don’t get a promotion
- Don't buy any large ticket items (like five dollars or more!)
- Don’t Make David Copperfield deposits (all funds need to be traceable)
- Don’t talk to Sellers directly (loose lips sink ships)
- Not telling me if you are allergic to animals
- Not being completely honest with the lender about child support, alimony, wage garnishments or any other payroll reduction
- Making a major purchase (like $5.00 or more),
- Getting advice from a buying committee that has not purchased in the last year (the rules change almost daily)
- Waiting to see everything else that is on the market
- Attending open houses and new construction without me
- Not telling me if you have a house to sell
- Delaying paperwork because you are irritated by the frequency and number of request from the Mortgage Company
- Finding a lender on the internet that offers a 0.001 interest rate
- Not realizing it is possible to find what you are looking for the very first day you go out (this happens more than you think...)
- Going home to sleep on it (in a hot market, if you sleep on it, you might not get to sleep in it)
- Waiting to find the absolute PERFECT house. You will always be limited by income, zoning, inventory at the time, and/or legislation and or property taxes.
- Not getting a gift letter and a bank statement for funds
- Not telling the person who is giving you the gift that you will probably need a gift letter and some proof (usually a bank statement) that they had the money to give
- Don't trash the property in front of the owners
- Calling the other agent on "For Sale" signs 80/10/10 Rule If you find a house that has 80% of what you are process
- Dying before the transaction closes (this really messes things up, BIG TIME!) Please don't die before the closing...